- All our cats and dogs live in foster homes rather than a shelter therefore we do not have visiting hours other than when they are at our Petsmart locations in McKinney. 121/Custer and Hwy 380/US75
- In order to adopt one of our cats or dogs, you will be asked to complete a Cat Adoption Application or Dog Adoption Application which you can do online at any time or in person at our Adopt-A-Pet events at PetSmart.
- If you've completed an Application online, it will be forwarded to the cat or dog's foster parent and they will contact you within 48 hours (probably sooner!). Please be patient, we are all volunteers and most of us have full-time jobs as well as families to consider.
- We do not adopt on a first-come first-served basis - we review applications to ensure that the cat or dog is a good match for the applicant and vice versa.
- In order to adopt a DOG, if your application is determined to be the right match for the dog, you must be prepared for a home visit from one of our volunteers, for this reason we do not adopt to homes beyond a reasonable driving distance of the foster home.
- Cats - cats can be adopted onsite at PetSmart with approved applications. Adoption Fee $160
- Dogs - we do not adopt onsite at PetSmart - we review applications and contact applicants as soon as possible. Adoption Fee $250
- If you have questions about our adoption process, please feel free to email (preferred) or leave a message on our voicemail.
What's included in the FFAR adoption fee?
Our adoption fees help us recover the basic costs involved in rescuing and vetting a cat or dog but the adoption fee rarely covers the entire cost. Like most rescue groups, we rely on donations and fundraising to support rescue group.
All our cats and dogs are fully vetted at time of adoption, including:
- Spay or Neuter
- Rabies Vaccination
- Viral Vaccinations (age-appropriate)
- Feline Leukemia/Aids Test (cats only)
- Canine Heartworm Test (dogs over 6 months)
- Heartworm Treatment (dogs only)
- Flea & Tick Preventative